Maddie Harvey is a workshop tutor and knitwear designer, living and working in Edinburgh, UK. A former primary school teacher, she loves investigating colour combinations and textures in her design work. Maddie is a strong advocate of experimenting with knitting and using the process of swatching as a way to investigate stitches, and free-up the knitting process.
Maddie’s clients include Amirisu Magazine, Knit Now Magazine, and Pom Pom Quarterly.
An Introduction to Cables
8 September, 10am – 1pm
Venue Balmoral Room, Queens Hotel, Leonard Street, PH2 8HB
Come and find out more about knitting cables, both with a cable needle and without, to make beautiful patterns and textures within your knitting. Over the course of the workshop you’ll create a little ‘cable sampler’ which can be used as a mug hug, or other small accessory, after the class!
In this class students will learn:
- How to knit a single cable and double cable using a cable needle
- Different methods to work cables without a cable needle to speed up your cable knitting
- Decipher written and charted instructions for knitting cables, travelling stitches and bobbles
- How to fix mistakes in cables without ripping back multiple rows.
- Tips and tricks to improve your cabling technique
5mm needles, 50g aran weight yarn, cable needle, stitch markers